On the product page appears product cost in virtual coins and customer's availability of coins.
You can grant virtual coins when the user is registered as customer. If the user is not customer, you can promote the customer register to get virtual coins free.
Below the shopping cart appears the cost information of the shopping cart in virtual coins and also it is displayed the availability of coins of the customer.
On the payment selection, customers can choose to pay with virtual coins. Is displayed the cost of the shopping cart and the customer's availability of coins. If the customer did not have enough coins, this option will be visible but will not be possible to use. Is displayed a message that there are not enough coins.
When paying with virtual coins, an order is registered with the state "Paid with virtual coins." This order does not generate bill but remains as paid.
In the customer's account appears a new link where the customer can see the coins he have available and it is displayed an history of virtual coins transactions.
In the back office within the Customer menu, administrators can view all transactions made by customers with virtual coins.
This module helps to retain customers by offering them the possibility of obtaining virtual coins when they pay with real money. Being able to pay with these virtual currencies favors impulse buying in order to benefit from using virtual coins.
Although the module has been developed for virtual currencies, it could also be used to allow customers to buy with points.
In the module configuration you:
- Indicate cost or ratio of virtual coins. Default: 10 € equals 1 virtual coin.
- Indicate the value of the virtual coins when consuming. Default: 0.2 € equals 1 virtual coin.
- Indicate the initial coins. Coins can be granted to customers when they are recorded in the store.
- Decide whether to grant virtual currency when customers place an order with real money.
- Decide if you want to provide virtual coins to customers when the order status is changed (paid real money).