1 - Create your delivery agenda
- Define default delivery rounds: available vehicles, time slots, areas (one or more zip codes), and maximum number of deliveries allowed by hour.
- Delivery weekly agenda can be copied from one week to another in order to quickly create your agenda, that you can then edit to match seasonal demands, delivery man availability, etc...
- Define a booking frame in order to limit future booking. For example, you can define 2 months as the maximum advance you can book a delivery. Booking frame is clearly displayed in the back office (open and closed delivery slots).
2 - Customers choose an available delivery slot
- In the carrier choice screen of the PrestaShop check out process, a weekly agenda displays delivery available to the customer.
- Available slots are defined based on the customer's zip code as well as other customers booking on slots compared to the maximum delivery allowed on each slot.
- Deliveries out of the defined areas are not possible.
3 - Optimize delivery trips and send them to delivery man
- In order to simplify its use, SmartDelivery back office integrates a dedicated screen to delivery bookings, on top of the screen to define delivery slots.
- Another screen is dedicated to delivery rounds : it displays on the right part the delivery list, and on the left part a map with the delivery path. Using this screen, you can easily optimize the path and keep deliveries in the time slots announced to customers.
- Once each delivery trip is optimized, you can send it by email, or print it in a printable format.
4 - More details
- This module does not integrate a specific cost management system for deliveries. For cost management please use the native Prestashop module.
- Neither area names nor delivery slots displayed in front office are seen to customers: your internal arrangement is kept private !
- Area overlap & trip optimization allows you to maximize efficiently.
FYI : Paris is composed of multiple zip codes, all starting with 75xxx. Smaller codes are in the center, then code is growing in a snail schema.
Delivery slots settings for one day :
09h - 11h - Truck 1 - Center Paris (75001, 75002, 75003, 75004)
10h - 12h - Truck 1 - Paris left bank (75005, 75006, 75007)
11h - 13h - Truck 1 - South Paris (75014, 75015)
09h - 13h - Truck 2 - Western Paris (92200, 92400, 92044, 92800)
14h - 19h - Truck 2 - Western Paris (92200, 92400, 92044, 92800)
A customer based in the city of Puteaux (92800, just outside Paris) will see 2 delivery options : 9h - 13h, and 14h - 19h.
A customer based in the 5th arrondissement of Paris will only see one delivery option : 10h- 12h.
“SmartDelivery” allows you to overlap areas in order to maximize availability of delivery slots for your customers and number of deliveries during delivery trips. In our example : from 10h to 11h, both customers based in Central Paris & the left bank will be allowed to book deliveries (these areas are neighboring). After all slots are taken by orders, you will exchange deliveries within the time slot in order to optimize the delivery trip.
New ! : The time slots for the same areas following to each others can be merged in front office if you need it. When creating the delivery slots you can select the schedules to merge. Example : "Area 12" is available on 9h-10h & 10h-11h the same day (and it is marked as "merged slots" from BackOffice), End user will see & book 9h-11h. This is done in purpose to allow delivery round to be adapted in order to optimize roadmap.