The way of functioning
Your customers will have the opportunity to rate and post reviews on your store, on your products and following their orders.
Customer reviews can be displayed
- On the home page
- In the columns
- In products lists (for Prestashop 1.6)
- In products comparisons
- On the product page
- In the customer account.
You also have the option to display the average rating of your store, but also the average rating for each product noted.
You can also set vouchers and offer them to customers who post an accepted and / or refused review.
Test the module with demo websites to learn about all the features available.
Google Rich Snippet
Enable Google Rich Snippets and improve your results in the search engine Google and increase your click through rate, your number of visitors and your sales!
You can test the validity of microdatas with the The Google Rich Snippet tool at :https://developers.google.com/structured-data/testing-tool/
The test tool Google Rich Snippet will not guarantee the display of the rating in the search results. Indeed, this tool only validate technically the microdatas.
Google makes algorithmic determinations on when and how to display results in the SERPS (including snippet information) based on a myriad of factors including the search terms, etc. Even if they are coded correctly, snippet inclusion in the SERPS (search engine results page) is beyond our direct control.
We would recommend focusing your efforts on making as unique and compelling a site as possible in order to increase the likelihood of your products reviews displaying in the Google search.
For more informations about this and to help you, we invite you to consult the Google support :https://sites.google.com/site/webmasterhelpforum/en/faq-rich-snippets
For versions of Prestashop >= 1.5, enable the SEO mode (only if you enable URL rewriting) to improve SEO.
Enjoy the moderation interface to accept or reject customer reviews.
View information related to the review posted.
Add moderation comments that will appear on your shop.
Encourage your customers to post a review when the command is defined "delivered" or "shipped".
Your clients will also be notified when the advice will be accepted and / or denied.
You have the ability to be alerted when a customer advice will be sent.
- Possibility to add a secure code (Captcha) for review posting (only for Prestashop 126.96.36.199 and later).
- Display a report for orders reviews.
- Integrated cache manager
- Archiving old reviews
- Ability to add entering a name for unauthenticated clients
- You can put customer into a blacklist to do not generate vouchers or send emails.
- Access to the moderation directly in backoffice menu (only for Prestashop >= 188.8.131.52).
- Ability to import comments from "Comments products" module.
- Test mode available by controlling the IP address to configure the module without impacting your customers
The module aggregates real-time informations (during displaying pages) which becomes consumer resource when:
- will have large number of reviews to treat
- large volumes of information to be processed (product display for each review, products by order, etc ...)
The module configuration is fairly extensive (many available settings), some items are more expensive than others in terms of treatment.
The parameters that can requesting more resources are annotated in the backoffice.
Warning : The growing amount of reviews can use most of the server resources.
Two tools are submited to optimize performances :
- The archiving of old comments
- Averaging products at moderation
Cross selling compatible modules
Ability to add notes in the averages of the products lists for the following modules:
- Additional products on order page : http://addons.prestashop.com/en/5296-additional-products-on-order-page.html
- Related products : http://addons.prestashop.com/en/7942-related-products.html
Products packs compatible modules
This module is compatible with the Advanced Pack 5 module (only for Prestashop >= 1.6) : http://addons.prestashop.com/en/1015-advanced-pack-5-create-bundles-of-products.html