This module allows your customers to select delivery date and time.
- Individual settings for each carrier and each day.
- Ability to use calendar for date selection + limit how many days can be chosen starting today, e.g. 10 days interval.
- Ability to leave only time selection without date selection.
- You can change selected date and time in the order page in the Back Office.
- Individual days can be set as inactive, e.g. Carrier A cannot deliver on Mondays.
- Carrier configuration visualization in the table below the settings.
Same day delivery:
- Customer can select the today’s remaining times or next day’s times.
- Preparation time. How much time do you need to prepare products for shipment.
- Carrier pickup time. Used when you want to set “starting time” and deadline for same day delivery. Usually is used if orders are picked up by the carrier once a day.
- Order deadline. The difference between “carrier pickup time”, is that order deadline does not “disallow” selecting earlier times, it just does not allow to buy if time is passed.
- Exact time with interval, e.g. every 15 minutes: 10:00, 10:15, 10:30, 10:45, 11:00, etc.
- Time intervals, e.g.: 09:00 – 12:00, 12:00 – 15:00, 15:00 - 18:00.
Usage examples and explanations
Individual settings allows you to configure each carrier for each day, e.g. if you don’t ship on Sundays, you can disable this day. If you ship until 20:00 on regular days, but only until 18:00 on Fridays, you can set this too.
If you will use it without same day delivery, then configuring the module shouldn’t make any difficulties. If you use same day delivery, few explanations and examples are below:
Preparation time. You can set up how much time you need to prepare products. Simply it adds preparation time and current time, and gives customer the remaining times (or intervals) to select.
Order deadline. If you set the time, customer cannot choose same day delivery option if the time already passed. Notice: it does not add preparation time, e.g. your preparation time is 1 hour. If you want to disallow orders with same day delivery after 18:00, you need to set it to 17:00, because of 1 hour preparation time. Here we didn’t do auto calculation to give you more freedom.
Carrier pickup time. You can set up carrier pickup time to disallow time selection earlier than it can be delivered, e.g.:
You have set up 3 intervals: 09:00 – 12:00, 12:00 – 15:00, 15:00 – 18:00. You can deliver products 09:00 - 12:00 only if they were ordered yesterday, not today (not enough time to prepare). Same day delivery is available only from 12:00 – 15:00, so you can set Carrier pickup time to 12:00, and if customer is purchasing early in the morning, e.g. 06:00, he cannot choose 09:00 – 12:00 interval, only the remaining two. If customer chooses “deliver next day” option (or calendar), he can select one of the three intervals.
One page checkout modules compatibility:
- One Page Checkout PS (Easy, Fast & Intuitive);
- Will be more. If you are using any one page checkout module, let us know and we make it compatible at no additional cost.
Have any ideas how we can improve this module? Just contact us, and we will implement new features in the upcoming releases.