Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with sales tax, VAT, excise tax, and other transactional tax requirements. Avalara’s suite of solutions is designed to effectively manage complicated and burdensome tax compliance obligations imposed by state, local, and other taxing authorities in the United States and internationally. Avalara is pre-connected into hundreds of the leading accounting, ERP, and ecommerce business platforms. The company processes millions of tax transactions daily, files hundreds of thousands of transactional tax returns annually, and manages millions of exemption certificates and other compliance documents. Founded in 2004, Avalara is headquartered on Bainbridge Island, WA and employs more than 700 people worldwide.
- Fast: AvaTax applies US sales tax and VAT calculations as the transaction takes place via a secure, encrypted Internet connection without disrupting your existing workflow.
- Easy: AvaTax integrates seamlessly with existing business systems and removes the guesswork. Rates are calculated “behind the scenes” and are automatically applied to the transaction.
- Accurate: AvaTax continuously updates data, making accurate sales tax calculations available immediately. Minimize audit risk using advanced address validation, sourcing and taxability determination, and jurisdiction assignment technology.
- Affordable: AvaTax is a scalable, subscription-based Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) that is tailored to each customer’s specific needs.
- Precise Rate Determination: Advanced geocoding technology provides the basis for precise identification of tax jurisdictions and roll-up to a total tax rate.
- Address Validation: The AvaTax calculation engine encompasses the most accurate and up-to-date, U.S. Postal Service-approved, address data available.
- Reporting: AvaTax generates summary and detailed reports, on demand, easily and accurately
- Sourcing Rules: AvaTax is programmed with the latest information for handling destination based, origin based and hybrid sourcing rules.
- Product Taxability: Avalara's AvaTax engine stores hundreds of thousands of product taxability rules for jurisdictions across the U.S. Even better, these rules are constantly updated in the cloud so your tax calculations are always accurate.
- Common Add-Ons: Consumer Use and International tax calculation. Automated filing and remittance with Avalara Returns. Robust exemption certificate management via Avalara CertCaptur
Are you currently using this module? Give us your opinion!